ADAM Audio ARTist 3 Speaker - Pair
ADAM Audio ARTist 3 Powered Speaker
Desktop Audio At It's Finest
"...the ARTist 3 took me back to the venue (I was there for the sessions). The subtle and high impact dynamic gradations of the drums were remarkable for a small speaker. The way the soundstage extends wider than the actual locations of the ARTist 3s is uncanny, image spaciousness and depth are excellent." - Inner Fidelity
Why ADAM Powered Speakers?
- The X-ART high frequency driver - Essentialy an Air Motion Transformer with the surface area of a 7" driver. That means it moves a lot of air without much effort. It also has linear impedance (it's easy for an amp to drive), and a perfect phase response(superrb imaging). More info.
- Active crossover - Active crossovers have the advantage of not interfering with the audio signal nearly as much as a passive crossover.
- Bi-amping - Each driver has it's own, dedicated amplifier. This improves dynamic range, lowers distortion and offers increased clarity.
- Quality amplification - ADAM powered speakers use a class A/B amplifiers.
- Flexibility - A multitude of inputs, You can synchronize the volume of the speakers and the ARTist subwoofer without the need for a preamp.
The ARTist 3 is perfectly suited for all environments where space is limited but sound shouldn’t be constricted. The ARTist 3 combines minimal dimensions with the much acclaimed ADAM sound quality, by using the X-ART tweeter for the higher frequencies. A guarantee for crystal clear music reproduction. Countless studios around the globe are already using the X-ART technology in their ADAM monitors and treasure the market leading precision and clarity these speakers offer.
"The ARTist 3 shares a similar design concept with the Emotiva airmotiv4 speaker (which features a similar tweeter), but when I compared the two speakers side-by-side, it was no contest. The Emotiva is still a superb $400 (a pair) speaker, but the Adam is a significantly clearer and better-sounding speaker."- CNet
A 4.5” (basket) driver handles the lower registers. A diaphragm made from carbon fiber, a material that is very light but very stiff, delivers colouring-free sound. Two built-in 25 Watt amplifiers power each of the drivers directly.
Convenient: the stereolink
The stereolink that both the ARTist 3 and ARTist 5 offer, enables the control of the overall output level of both speakers through either one of the two volume knobs according to how they are connected.
It redefines the more familiar master-slave-configuration because each speaker can be in control of the overall volume. This allows for an easier set-up and change of the set-up. Just connect the source to one speaker, then this speaker to the second and the system is ready to go. Directions on setting up Stereo Link
The ARTist 3 has no less than four different input sockets: RCA XLR, a 3.5 mm mini stereo jack and a USB port feeding a 48kHz/16-bit DAC. This multitude of possible inputs allows the ARTist’s to connect to just about any analog or digital music source.
|Basket||4.5" (120 mm)|
|Voice coil||1" (25 mm)|
|Cone material||Carbon Fiber|
|Diaphragm area||4 inch² (2420 mm²)|
|Equiv. Diaphragm||2" (56 mm)|
|Velocity transform ratio||4:1|
|Diaphragm weight||0.17 g|
|Amp. power RMS / music||25 W / 40 W|
|Amp. power RMS / music||25 W / 40 W|
|Input Sensitivity||-∞ to +14 dB|
|Tweeter gain||±4 dB|
|Analog||XLR / RCA / 3.5 mm mini stereo jack|
|Frequency response||60 Hz - 50 kHz|
|THD 90dB/1m > 100 Hz||≤0.8 %|
|Max SPL with sine wave acoustic 100Hz to 3kHz at 1m||≥98 dB|
|Max SPL per pair at 1m||≥106 dB|
|Crossover frequencies||2800 Hz|
|Input impedance||10 KOhm|
|Weight||11 lb (5 kg)|
|Height x Width x Depth||10" (252 mm) x 6" (150 mm) x 7.5" (185 mm)|
|Finish||Black glossy, White glossy|