Audience aR6-TSSOX Power Conditioner - $6450, Free Shipping
Audience aR6-TSSOX Power Conditioner
Find Out What Your Trade Is Worth | Questions? Call 303-653-6341 or email us.
"The unit significantly lowers the noise floor, which in turn leads to increased resolution of very fine detail. This resolution increase is heard as more vivid timbres and density of tone color. Fine transient information is also better portrayed; listen to brushes on snare drum, for example. Withe the aR6-TSS there's just a greater impression of the mechanism by which the sound is made. The increased smoothness and reduction in glare that Garrett noted is, in my view, alone worht the price of admission." - Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound
- Audience Ar6-TSSOX reviewed in The Absolute Sound (PDF file)
- Audience aR-6TS reviewed in Ultra Audio - "...The sound of the aR6-TS was, in a word, stunning. Eyes bulged. Ears stretched out and snapped back. This wolf whistled. My mouth drooled. I wore my Depends. I wondered where the heck all this new information was coming from..."
- Audience AR-12 T Reviewed in September '08 Positive Feedback Online - "...The sonic results of the two sibling aR-12s are not even close. Where the original raised the bar and set a very serious standard, the Audience aR-12 T creates an entirely new benchmark..."
- April 2007 Stereophile review of the Audience Adept Response Power conditioner
Power conditioners are one of the most essential components in a high resolution audio system. At the same time, they are one of the most misunderstood in terms of their benefit and function. As with other major audio components like amps and speakers, there are many approaches to their design and ultimate effectiveness. Audience believes that improving the audio performance fo your system rather than just protecting or isolating it should be the primary goal of the power conditioner.
Realize the Full Potential of Clean Power With the aR6-TSSOX
The Adept Response aR6-TSSOX will elevate the performance of your system like no other power conditioner. The aR6-TSSOXis a cutting edge design providing the best power conditioning possible without limiting dynamics. Since power must respond quickly and completely to the demands of program material Audience believes it is imperative that power conditioning components present a low impedance power path while providing wide bandwidth noise reduction. Conventional power conditioners simply cannot approach the bandwidth/impedance characteristics of the Adept Response aR6-TSSOX while still offering effective noise filtration and high voltage surge protection. Exclusive Audience technology achieves far greater performance for all audio and video components.
The MOV: Enemy of high quality sound
Of the power conditioning products on the market today few allow your playback system to attain full dynamic range or reproduce subtle dynamic contrasts accurately. The other culprit afflicting most power conditioning products is the ubiquitous MOV. (Metal Oxide Varistor) The MOV is a sacrificial device. This means it wears down over time until it fails completely. Its purpose is to clamp high voltage transients safely to ground instead of through your equipment. This would be fine if it didn’t break down and behave like the world's worst capacitor across your power line, storing energy and releasing it as performance robbing, time delayed distortion into your audio system. The effect is quite audible. For surge protection the Adept Response employs a non-wearing type high voltage transient suppression.
The aR6-TSSOX uses Magnetic Circuit Breakers
The Adept Response aR6-TSSOX uses only the finest conducting, filtering and transient suppression components. Even the power switch is exceptional, a very high quality magnetic circuit breaker. The advantage over thermal circuit breakers is that thermal breakers increase in resistance as power demand increases, causing heat dependent, resistive modulation of the incoming voltage. This effectively reduces the power available to your equipment just when you need it most. The design employed in the Adept Response provides for the most natural flow of music.
The state of the art inductive components used in the Adept Response aR6-TSSOX power conditioner add no significant series resistance. This maintains a low impedance
power path to your playback system. Also, the Adept Response performs partial power factor correction. This helps restore natural dynamics by bringing the AC voltage and current into a better phase relationship allowing a more efficient transfer of power. With the Adept Response aR6-TSSOX as your power conditioner all aspects of the audio/video performance are greatly improved. Your playback system will no longer be starved of clean high quality power. The result is realistic, beautiful audio and stunning video resolution.
Individually Filtered Receptacles
Each of the 6 outlets is individually filtered and double filtered from every other outlet providing maximum component to component isolation. An entire audio or video system can easily be powered by the same conditioner, including everything from digital components and phonograph preamplifiers to power amplifiers. This extensive noise filtering creates a lower noise floor and improves low level resolution, providing superior sound stage presentation. Power amplifiers plugged into the Adept Response display increased dynamics and perform as if they were more powerful.
Looking for more outlets? Try the AR 12
Looking for fewer outlets? Try the Adept Response AR2
- Main power cord included: Standard 6 ft. 10 AWG powerChord by Audience with Neutrik 20A PowerCon® and Marinco power connectors
- Low resistance, heavy duty magnetic circuit breaker power switch
- No high resistance type series inductors
- Ultra-high efficiency filter components on every outlet
- All hand wired; no printed circuit boards
- Ohno Continuous Cast Copper internal wiring
- Double filtering between outlets for maximum component to component isolation
- Proprietary filter that lowers the noise floor even further
- Dynamic range performance maximized by partial power factor correction
- Entire audio and/or video system can be powered
- by a single Adept Response power conditioner
- Audience Auricap high resolution or Aura-TO ultra high resolution capacitors used exclusively in filter sections
- Entire electrical circuitry cryogenically treated
|Current / Voltage:
15A or 20A/120V, 220V, 230V, 240V
| Power Outlets:
6 Hubbell high conductivity power receptacles
10.5”W x 4.75”H x 8.25”D
Brushed aluminum silver or black