Audio Hungary A20i
20 wpc Tube Integrated Amplifier
The Audio Hungary Qualiton A20i is basic on features, because the focus is on the sound. This Push-Pull, Class A tube amplifier is superb at conveying the emotion in music. The Midrange is a little less forward than the A50i, x200, or Modwright KWH 225i. Transient attacks like plucked strings are gorgeously rendered. Air and space is abundant as is soundstage width and height. Bass is surprisingly plentiful, tight and tuneful.
We recommend the A20i for speakers that provide an 8 ohm load, and are rated at 90dB efficiency or above.
The chassis is available in a polished stainless steel (+500) or black. On the front is a concentric knob. The outer knob (more like a ring) is the input selector, and the inner knob controls the volume.
"The first thing I noticed was how right and musical this amp sounds. The next thing was something that everybody who heard it commented on, how recorded plucked strings sound so real that they take on a lifelike quality. Guitars, harps, basses, cellos, harpsichords and even to some extent pianos, all sounded more real than I had ever heard them sound in my room...
...What I can also tell you about the A20i is how well it lets you in on the textures and harmonics of music; how the sounds decay, how the music blooms and the emotions of real music...
...The sound of drums, acoustic and electric basses had a good impact. These instruments had air and natural, realistic warmth to the bass. Not only did it allow you to hear this air and warmth without even the slightest hint of boom, looseness or hangover in the bass or midbass. This characteristic sound of bass instruments was carried all the way up into the upper mid-bass. The sound was quick with fast attacks followed by beautiful full decay that lets you hear different layers of the timber of the instruments." - The Audio Beatnik
- Rated output power: 2 x 20 W, stereo
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.3% (f = 1 kHz, rated output power)
- Frequency response: 25 Hz - 100 kHz (-3 dB, rated output power)
- Input sensitivity: 230 mV, unbalanced input
- Number of input ports: 3 unbalanced input per channel
- Number of output ports: 1 output terminal pair per channel
- Gain: +34.8 dB
- Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Nominal load impedance: 8 Ohm
- Output polarity: non-inverting
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 90 dB; output noise less, than 1 mV
- Power requirements: 150 W
- Tubes required
- 4 x 5881
- 2 x E88CC/6922
- 2 x ECC83
- Weight: 16 kg
- Dimensions: 27 x 18 x 30 cm