Audio Hungary A50i
50 WPC Tube Integrated Amplifier
While producing less power than the Entry level X200 integrated, the A50 is designed for more refinement. Note it uses the same amount of KT-120 tubes, but has only half of the output power. That is because it operates in Pure Class A mode. The transformers for the A50i integrated are wound in-house. The A50i relies on two Tungsram ECC83 tubes for the input stage, with four E88CC tubes driving voltage and four KT120 pentodes for power output amplification.
The A50i utilizes an auto-bias feature, which monitors the output current of all four KT 120 tubes and adjusts them to a preset value, ensuring all output tubes are operating equally.
In terms of design, the A50i features a centrally located volume control and input selector, with an outer ring that controls input selection, while the inner knob controls volume. There are four analog audio inputs, three of which are unbalanced RCA, while one is balanced mini XLR. A set of mini to full-sized XLR patch cables is included, making it easy to connect to a balanced source straight out of the box.
Included with the integrated is a beautiful metal remote that controls volume and muting.
At 55 pounds, the A50i is a beast, but that contributes to the air of quality.
"The Qualiton A50i is an absolutely "tube" amplifier, in the sense that its tonal balance has been specially voiced in this way. But it is not an end in itself, but a mean to offering user a possibility to enjoy every album for the music recorded on it and not for sound. The scale, tone, layering—these are elements that user will discuss with friends, even if he does not buy this amplifier. There is something magical in this sound, which seems to be an inherent feature if tube technique. Whenever designers manage to use that to their advantage, as they did in this case, the result is a beautiful performance with focus on music rather than on technical aspects of the recordings." - Positive Feedback Online
"The Qualiton A50i proved to be an incredibly satisfying integrated amplifier during my time with it, especially due to its agility and fidelity in the midrange and upper frequencies, which shined equally on vocals and instruments alike. Coupled with a significant amount of bass slam that belies its rated power, these qualities allowed me to enjoy any genre I threw at the A50i, from rock to classical to jazz. The more time I spent with the Qualiton A50i, the more I wanted to add it as the centerpiece of my full-time rig..." - Home Theater Review
- Push-Pull Class A technology
- Auto-bias function for the power tubes ( Automatic BIAS from KT88 to KT150 Tubes)
- Premium quad in house selected tubes
- The House made power transformer is Vacuum impregnated
- High permeability shielding for the power transformers
- All transformers are made in house
- Military grade NOS ceramic sockets for the tubes
- Oversized/ over spec quality components ( Nichicon, Vishay, Omron, etc.)
- More than 100 hours burn-in and testing before packaging
- The chassis is made in-house of polished stainless steel without any visible screws
- A unique rotary switch operates input selection and volume
- Gorgeous metal remote for volume up, volume down and mute functions
- 3 pairs gold plated RCA, 1 pair mini XLR for the symmetrical input
- 4 and 8 Ohm Gold plated speaker terminals
- Rated output power: 2 x 50 W, stereo
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.75% (f = 1 kHz, rated output power)
- Frequency response: 30 Hz - 100 kHz (-3 dB, rated output power)
- Input sensitivity: 425 mV, unbalanced input
- Number of input ports: 3 unbalanced input per channel, 1 balanced input per channel
- Number of output ports: 1 output terminal pair per channel, 1 line level output per channel
- Gain: +33.5 dB (8 Ohm); +25.5 dB (4 Ohm)
- Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Nominal load impedance: 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm
- Output polarity: non-inverting
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 95 dB; output noise less, than 1 mV
- Power requirements: 300 W
- Tubes required: 4 x KT120; 4 x E88CC/6922; 2 x ECC83
- Weight: 25 kg
- Dimensions: 35 x 21 x 40 cm