Dac 1 Reference
Non Oversampling Tube DAC
- Input Sampling Rate up to 24bit/192 kHz
- Non Oversampling mode
- 8x Multibit Philips DAC network
- 2x Dual Triodes tubes I/V analog output stage
- 6 Separate Regulated Power Supplies
- Analog retro Nissei VU meters
- 6mm Aluminum face panel
- Five Year warranty
Many of the most discerning music fans and audiophiles have recently come to appreciate the distinct sound of non-oversampling DACs to get the most out of their digital audio sources.
The biggest challenge for any DAC is the sound, not the ‘’numbers’’. By default, digital audio sounds very different when compared to analog and Lab12 has spent countless hours striving for the perfect voicing that resembles the very best qualities of analog.
The DAC-1 Reference is based on the same core and philosophy as the previously successful and multi-awarded Lab12 Dac1 Special Edition. Lab 12 has pushed the limits even further with the Reference. Power supply stages, digital inputs, crucial circuit paths, receivers, jitter reduction etc, have all been upgraded/updated in order to achieve an analog-like sound.
The Dac1 reference uses eight multibit Philips DAC chips in a complex parallel configuration right after an efficient layout digital receiver stage, allied with two dual triodes tubes in output stage. Each and every part has been selected for its sonic value that brings identifiable and coherent benefits to the final sound you will hear. The result is one of a kind emotional and transparent sonic performance.
- Power: 210 – 240VAC 50Hz (110 – 120VAC 60Hz)
- Power consumption: 70 VA max
- Inputs: 2x SPDIF (Coaxial RCA), 1x USB2, 1x spdif (Optical Toslink)
- Outputs: 2x RCA, 2x XLR unbalanced (balanced version available)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20 KHz + 0dB/-1dB
- THD: lower than 0.15%
- Rated output level: 2.5Vrms
- Tube complement: 2x 6922 dual triode
- Available Colours: Matt Black, Frozen Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 43x11x29 cm
- Weight: 7.5 Kg