Dark Energy Balanced Interconnects
Dark Energy Balanced Interconnects
Duelund Wire + Sonic Tonic = Music
The Dark Matter interconnects featuring the optional Furutech FP-601 connectors. Inside the
connectors we've placed our Sonic Tonic. In fact each end has a whole set worth of Sonic Tonic
inside. Not in the bottles of course, but embedded in a silicone based epoxy and molded to the inside.
Like Sonic Tonic, the Dark Energy series of cables we've developed are our statement that one can offer incredible, clearly audible improvement at really reasonable prices. You hear that claim a lot, but seldom does it really deliver.
We have been searching high and low for high performance power cords & audio cables at reasonable prices. While we do carry some great performing brands, we set our sights a little lower in terms of price, but not performance. We at Tweek Geek have assembled for you the music lover what we believe represents real value. An interconnect that will hold it's own in terms of sonic performance against anything near their price ranges.
Duelund Wire+ Sonic Tonic
Our Dark Energy balanced interconnects make use of a special combination of Duelund wire and our own Sonic Tonic. Duelund is famous for making perhaps the best audiophile capacitors in the industry. Their foray into wire making comes from the same desire that has made their capacitors one of the most sought after components inside loudspeakers and audio gear. The wire itself is a bit unorthodox in this day and age of ultra pure, single crystal OCC wire. It is a copper wire that is tinned, then jacketed in a proprietary oil soaked cotton, then heat treated to "bake" the oil into the cotton jacketing. The wire delivers a very rich, tonally dense musical performance, well beyond it's price point and surprising in light of the fact that it is not at least touted as hyper pure single crystal wire. The addition of 2 sets of Sonic Tonic embedded in a vibration damping epoxy like material take the Dark Energy interconnects to a new level of performance.
Sonic Tonic. A blend of materials that reduce noise where it is most apparent in audio cables; at the
point where wire meets connectors. Here Electromagnetic fields, eddy currents, and hysteresis are
at their strongest and most damaging to the audio signal. The materials in Sonic Tonic help to
reduce these effects.
Adding the Sonic Tonic
After adding the Sonic Tonic to the inside of the connectors, the cable's musical presentation becomes smoother, richer, more textured and resolving while maintaining the musicality that attracted us to the Duelund wire. The soundstage is much, much larger, expanding in all directions.
Furutech & DH Labs Connectors
We terminate the Dark Energy cables with either the DH Labs 68232 & 233 gold plate over OFC Copper or Furutech FP-602 and FP 601 M Beryllium copper and phosphor bronze a (Alpha) Conductors with Teflon insulation. The DH Labs is an excellent value with gold plated copper pins. The sound is smooth and warm. The Furutechs offer more extension in the highs with a very refined sound as well. They have more sparkle and air as a result.
I know I know, you've heard this before, only to have your expectations unmet by the actual performance. That is why we will offer you an in home audition Dark Energy cables so that you can come to your own conclusion on our statement. That's right, borrow the Dark Energy interconnects to evaluate in your own system.
How Do I Get An In-Home Audition?
It starts by contacting us. We will have a brief conversation about your audio system, then will need to collect the following information:
- Name and address
- credit card (for security purposes) - We will not charge your card initially. We put a hold on the funds to secure our investment. A hold is not a charge, and it does not accrue interest. It merely protects us from shenanigens...
What will I hear?
The first thing you will notice is the rich, dense, wide and deep soundstage. You will be immersed in the recording space. You will feel the energy and emotion of the music pouring out of your system. Your toes may tap, heck you may even relax and just let the music take you. Other things you might here include:
- Dynamics - Dynamic attack is vivid, real, without sounding hard
- Vocals - Oh the vocals. One of this cables's stronger abilities. You can feel the emotion in the vocals, male or female. Silkiness, inflections and the subtle textures that give one goosebumps.
- Bass - bass is powerful, harmonically rich (especially acoustic bass) deep and quick.
- Textures - Another strong suit of these cables. Subtle textures that take musical playback from hifi to "holy shit" are there, and audible without straining to hear.
- Phase information - Phase information is presented in more detail. Close harmonic structures are more distinct, yet presented as an organic whole. Reverb comes through more clearly, and the sense of acoustic space is fantastic.
- Energy - The Gestalt of the Dark Matter cables can be summed up in that it helps components capture and recreate the energy and emotion of the performance like no other cord in it's price range.
If you love musical, layered, warm, rich midrange, delicate highs, and a huge, 3 dimensional soundstage, you need to audition the Dark Matter cables! Contact us to make this happen!