Dark Energy Wormhole MPC 1
Dark Energy Wormhole MPC 1 - $995 for 2 meters
14 awg Power Cord For Moderate Power Consumption AV Components
The Wormhole MPC-1 starts with Furutech's 14 awg FP-S032N wire. This ultra-high performance power cable combines Furutech's world renowned Alpha conductors with Furutech's extremely effective signal transmission enhancer, Nano Liquid. On it's own, it is a great power cable with a balanced, detailed and natural musical presentation that is very competitive for it's price.
We take this outstanding power cable much further in performance in the following ways:
- An additional shield of carbon fiber sleeving. This is connected to the drain wire of the copper shield and terminated at the wall plug end. This additional layer of shielding overlaps the frequencies that the copper shielding works in, and goes beyond. You get broader band shielding than with the stock cable. On top of that, static electricity is completely obliterated by the layer of carbon fiber.
- Terminations are finished with our proprietary contact enhancer. The base is silver paste, and to it we add Furutech's Nano liquid (the same nano liquid the wires are covered in during the manufacturing process), and other conductive materials. This is the best contact enhancer we've ever heard. Unfortunately the process of making it is tedious and not suitable for resale. Nonetheless, terminations at both ends of the cable are coated with this solution before being clamped in the plug contacts.
- Wormhole material - Dark Matter Technologies' latest breakthrough is a staggering boost to performance. It would take 100 times the amount of DMT material to equal what 1 gram of Wormhole material can accomplish. It is applied to the conductors directly before finishing the cables. It is extremely costly, but only a small amount is needed to be extremely effective in combination with Dark Matter.
- Dark Matter - Dark Matter is the finishing touch. This proprietary blend of materials lowers the noise floor, and synergizes with the Wormhole material at the molecular level.
Finally, we terminate the Wormhole MPC-1 with high quality silver plated copper AC connectors housed in a silver carbon fiber barrel. the connectors make a very solid connection with the wall outlet and your audio/video components. As an option, one can have the Digital 1 cable terminated with Furutech's top of the line FI-50 NCF terminations.
Furutech FI-50 NCF Terminations - The best sounding cable terminations available. the NCF are very neutral, and very quiet. They simply let the tone and capabilities of the conductors (and in this case the tweaks) to shine through.
Bybee SE AC Purifiers - We will add a Bybee SE AC Purifier to the hot and neutral of the power cord. We machine a new, extended barrel for the wall plug end of the termination while using the same connector. This barrel houses the Bybee SE AC purifiers quintuples the performance. The Purifiers add an additional level of smoothness, musical flow, air, space and richness to the already fantastic presentation of the stock Wormhole cord. This can be done when you purchase the cord, or as an upgrade.
Comparing to an identically terminated stock Furutech FP-S032N cable, the wormhole MPC-1 is far more detailed, with richer harmonics, a denser more holographic soundstage, and has a more natural sound more like real instruments and musicians playing in a space. Low level phase information previously unheard is all of the sudden present, adding to the engagement factor of the music. The width and depth of soundstage simply explodes in all dimensions on a good system.
The wire in a Wormhole power cord has a one time break in period of 150 hours. This cord is a bit different. There is the break in of the wire, break in of the connectors, and the break in/ settling in of the Dark Matter and Wormhole materials. The connectors will sound a bit harsh at first. Don't be discouraged, they settle out of this in about 48 hours. The Dark Matter and Wormhole materials will make itself known immediately, but the effect takes a good 24 hours to be 90% settled in. The remaining 10% will take 3-5 more days. If the cord is unplugged from the wall for more than 1 hour, the Dark Matter and Wormhole materials will be completely discharged. Meaning the next component they are plugged into will require the materials to charge/settle in again.
In Home Auditions
We have a few 2 meter Wormhole MPC-1's available for In-Home Auditions. If interested in performing an A/B comparison with a Stock, identically terminated Furutech power cable, we can make that happen. We advise performing the comparison in the following manner:
- Start the comparison with the Wormhole cable in the system. Leave it there for 3 days minimum. Listen to music you are very familiar with, and take notes on the sound over the next few days.
- Remove the Wormhole power cord, replace it with the stock Furutech cable, and walk away for at least 1 hour. This will allow for the stock cable to settle in, and the effect of the Wormhole cable to dissipate. Doing an immediate swap and listen would be great for our feeble audio memories, but doing so would have you hearing the lingering effects of Dark Matter and Wormhole. By coming back to listen an hour later, you eliminate that sonic overlap.
- Listen to the stock cord over the next few days, look over your notes on the Wormhole cord if you need to.