DPS-4.1 Alpha OCC-DUCC Audio Power Cable
DIY Audio Bulk Cable
If you want the best bulk audiophile AC cable for your DIY project, This is it.
After living with the Furutech FP-S032n, FP-S022n, and FP-S55n we feel eminently qualified to tell you about the DPS-4.1. It flat-out rocks. Smoothness, Check. Balance, Check. resolution, check check. Dynamic snap, Holy shit CHECK!!! This cable is head and shoulders above the other Furutech cables. The price would indicate as much, and you indeed get what you pay for.
Not in to DIY? Have Us Build It For You
We offer an assembled version of the DPS-4.1 power cable. Choose your custom length, Choose your plugs, and choose to have us install Dark Matter material inside for a spectacular performing cord at a very reasonable price.
Furutech’s Ultimate-Quality, top-Shelf bulk power cable. The (Alpha) OCC-DUCC is one of a select few of conductors that Furutech engineers have found to truly excel in sound reproduction. (Alpha) OCC –DUCC is constructed using a combination of DUCC Ultra Crystallized High Purity Copper and Furutech’s world famous Pure Transmission (Alpha) OCC.
Furutech's DUCC Ultra Crystallized High Purity Copper is supplied and regulated with strict quality control by Mitsubishi Materials Industries. It is one of the best conductors Furutech engineers have found for signal transmission (MMI is the leading manufacturer of the highest-purity oxygen-free copper in the world).
The Mitsubishi processes this extremely pure oxygen-free copper with new technology that optimally aligns the crystals while reducing the number of crystal-grain boundaries. Resulting in a tremendously efficient conductor. Straight OCC’s benefits are its larger “fibrous” crystals in which one dimension is longer than the other two so as to create as few crystal junctions as possible. Thus, OCC’s sensitivity to directionality; one path exhibits the least resistance. Furutech’s world famous Pure Transmission OCC is the result of further processing with the Alpha Super Cryogenic and Demagnetizing treatment.
However, DUCC purity goes a significant step further. Mitsubishi Materials designed the new conductor to optimally align the copper crystal grain structure in addition to reducing crystal grain boundaries. As a result, DUCC is less sensitive to directionality than OCC.
Construction / Specifications
- Conductor Material: Alpha-OCC + DUCC (7N Class)
- Construction pcs mm
- Inner 79/0.18 OCC (Right rotate)
- Middle 37/0.18 DUCC (Left rotate)
- Outer 42/0.18 DUCC (Right rotate)
- Diameter: 2.75 mm, Approx. Size 11AWG / 4.02 Sq.mm
- Inner Material Audio Grade FEP (Fluoropolymer)
- Outer Material Audio Grade P.E.( Red?White?Green)
- Diameter: 5.75 mm
- Twisting Method: 3 Cores Twisted Together
- Fillers: Cotton
- Filler Barrier Layer: Non-Woven Fabric wrap
- Inner Sheath Material: Audio Grade Flexible PVC (Black) Nano/Ceramic / Carbon particle compound
- Diameter: 14.0 mm
- Shield Method: Cu Foil + Braided OFC + Paper Sheath Material Audio Grade Flexible PVC (Rose Red)
- Nom. Thickness 1.2mm, Overall Diameter 17.0 mm