ETI Research Kryo XLR Connector - Per Pair
ETI Kryo XLR Connector
Silver Plated Copper - Cryogenically Treated - Superior Low Mass Design
Finally, CNC machining has advanced to the capability of machining a female XLR connection to the thickness ETI-Research believes is the best for sound quality.
Copper XLR connectors have been available for awhile, but many of the Male Pins have too much mass. This excess mass causes too much capacitance that negatively affects the sound. Some of these XLR Connectors, while having copper male connectors, are stillu using female connectors made of brass due to the difficulty in machining a female XLR pin. This defeats the purpose of using copper for superior sound quality.
The precision for properly machining XLR pins has simply not been available until recently. What do we mean when we say precision?
- Uniformity: Getting the female surface contact area for inserting the male pin was not consistent and could make the connection unstable.
- Surface thickness: ETI-Research has found that the best sounding thickness for low voltage connectors was 0.6 mm. Too thick or too thin negatively influences in sound quality. ETI Research feels that the best connector has the least effect on sound, and that is what they set to achieve.
So they waited till it was possible to manufacture what they felt was the best, most precise and consistent connector possible. The ETI-Research Kryo XLR has both the Male and Female Connectors CNC machined with a wall thickness of 0.6mm and made form Tellurium Copper for the durability which is important for long term usage. They also have applied a proprietary cryogenic treatment to maximize performance.
The ETI-Research Kryo XLR refinements include:
- Copper machined connectors both Male and Female
- Silver Plated without any Nickel
- Teflon Dielectric
- Brass housing for superior vibration damping and EMI/RF noise rejection.
- Cryogenically treated to a specific Audio formula
- Short Housing to help in XLR Cable not extending too much for better Cable management
- Accommodates Cables up to 13mm and with insert in 9mm