Furutech GTX DR NCF Duplex AC Receptacle
Audiophile AC Receptacle
Furutech's Nano Conductor Formula yields a stunning, significant improvement over the GTX-D R.
The NCF Difference
The basic body style and features of the Furutech GTX series AC receptacles are retained, and the conducting parts are made of pure copper. The difference for the NCF version is that it makes use of Furutech's Nano-technology to obtain better performance. NCF stands for Nano Conductor Formula. This is a pure copper AC receptacle like the original GTX, the difference being the copper part is manufactured with Furutech's NCF technology, which translates into even higher performance that is obvious to the listener at even the first blush of music.
What is Nano Conductor?
NCF is comprised of a special crystalline material that has two “active” properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static and secondly, it converts thermal energy into far-infrared. Furutech then combines this remarkable crystalline material with nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional “Piezo Effect” damping properties.
Of course everyone would love to make pure-copper receptacles, but its malleability – lack of stiffness – makes pure copper a poor choice. That’s why you’ll find phosphor bronze or brass in most receptacles. Furutech’s intense engineering scrutiny has resulted in an industry-first, a technique allowing us to use special Furutech rhodium-plated α (Alpha) pure copper conductors strengthened and sprung by our innovative nonmagnetic Stainless Steel Conductor Spring System that keeps a firm grip yet won’t damage male connector blades or their plated surfaces. But what really sets the GTX-D NCF receptacle apart is “NCF” – Furutech’s ultimate damping material - Nano Crystal² Formula eliminates static, “interconverts” thermal, mechanical and electrical energy and damps vibrations. The GTX-D NCF can be summed up in a word; virtuoso!
- Rhodium-plated α (Alpha) Pure Copper Conductor (0.8mm) Nonmagnetic stainless conductor spring system
- Body material: Nylon/fiberglass with anti-resonance nano-sized crystalline, piezo ceramic particles and carbon.
- Cover material: Polycarbonate with a special anti-resonance nano-sized crystalline material “NCF”
- Parts set with nonmagnetic 2.0mm-thick stainless brace plate
- Specified for wire diameters of 4mm (set screw)
- Dimensions: 104.0 mm (L) x 47.2 mm (W) x 28.0 mm (H)
- Total attention to detail and build quality extends right down to a specially designed patent-pending conductor pressure plate that increases contact area
- Furutech spade terminal FP-205 recommended for 10 AWG wire