HiFi Rose - RS201E
Streaming Network Integrated Amplifier
Sonically & visually elegant, the innovative HiFi Rose RS201E integrated amplifier/network streamer is a simplified high end audio solution for the modern music lover. Add a pair of speakers like the Harbeth C7ES XD and you have a dynamite audio system that is easy to use and a joy to listen to.
What makes Hifi Rose components so accessible is the large touch panel that allows one to operate it simply and directly. There is of course an app, but for those who are more component-centric, old school and hands on, this access to all of the features of the RS201E without additional devices is incredibly gratifying. This however, is only the beginning....
The RS201E Is For You If:
- You like a large, user friendly touch-screen display
- You like a remote control without an app
- You want a simple system that everyone in your household can easily learn and use
- You love music, and not necessarily a lot of complicated gadgetry
A host of capabilities extend the value of the RS201E. You have native playback of PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz, playback of DSD up to 256. The HiFi Rose environment gives you unlimited access to great content when you use high-resolution streaming services like TIDAL Masters and Qobuz. Additionally, Bluetooth, Apple Airplay 2, Spotify Connect, USB connections, even YouTube allow the 201E to bloom.
The RS201E is Roon Ready, and also supports MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) full decoding technology. In this format, the master MQA file is allowed to be played back as intended. The most important thing however is how it sounds playing any format from lossless FLAC to compressed formats from Spotify to YouTube. No need to worry there. The RS201E exceeds in it's capability to play music.
High End Features
The RS 201E runs on a powerful six-core CPU and has a high-performance ESS SABRE DAC capable of 32-bit/384kHz resolution. Its high precision femto digital clock drastically reduces jitter distortion inherent in digital music by getting the timing of the streaming data very precise.
Crucial to its audio performance is it's quiet linear power supply. A 122dB signal to noise ration allows low level detail to shine through effortlessly. The RS201E also possesses a "Pure Path" amplifier with 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms. This provides the power to drive loudspeakers to reasonable listening levels (or more if they are high efficiency) with clarity and punch. Its tonality is incredible, generating taut bass notes, while delivering a natural-sounding top end. Connect the RS201E with quality interconnects and speaker cables like the Audience Ohno or Studio Two, and you have a system capable of delivering a listening experience that is satisfying and immersive.
Displays and Interface
The 8.8-inch touch screen can display colorful album art and music videos, and the RS201E is capable of video playback too via the screen or HDMI output. The intuitive Rose Connect app allows you to play music and videos from local and network sources. Using the HDMI connection, you can watch video files in Ultra HD 4K quality on a large monitor.
Overall, the RS201E is an extraordinary, simplified system component that creates a satisfying, immersive experience. Easy to set up and operate, this is a network streamer that delivers superb sound and marvelous video capabilities. The RS201E also comes with a Bluetooth remote control for further control without a smart phone or tablet.
Being Roon Ready means that the HiFi Rose RS201E connects to Roon without any configuration, and bit-perfect audio is delivered from Roon to your network player. Together, Roon and HiFi Rose deliver the power, flexibility, and performance of networked audio, with easy setup and outstanding reliability.
Connectivity and Storage
On the back panel you have ample digital connections, plus an unbalanced analog preamp output for connection to an outboard amplifier should you need more power in the future.
There is also an RCA stereo analog input for connecting connecting an analog source such as a phono preamp/turntable combination.
The RS201E also has USB connections and a microSD card slot for local access to external digital music files. The RS201E also includes an internal bay on the bottom panel for adding optional SSD storage. The Hifi Rose RS201E will recognize drives up to 4TB.
- integrated amp with network audio and 4K video streaming
- 50 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- solid aluminum-panel chassis
- 8.8-inch-wide high-def touchscreen LCD display
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- customized Android operating system
- control with touchscreen, Rose Connect app for Apple® and Android™ devices, or included Bluetooth remote
- front-panel volume control/mute knob
- six-Core ARM® 64-bit processor, up to 2.0GHz
- ESS SABRE ES9018 K2M DAC
- maximum resolution: 32-bit/384kHz
- supports Apple AirPlay, DLNA, Roon, and MQA
- supports TIDAL, Spotify, Qobuz, RoseTube (YouTube), internet radio stations, and RosePodcast
- supported audio formats include MQA, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A and more
- PCM decoding up to 32-bit/384kHz
- native DSD decoding up to DSD256 (11.2MHz)
- supported video formats include ASF, AVI, MKV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and more up to 4K resolution
- HDMI video output with up to 4K resolution
- five-way speaker binding post outputs
Inputs & Outputs
- Toslink optical
- USB 3.0 audio input for connecting an external drive
- analog input
- stereo RCA unbalanced line in
- digital outputs
- Toslink optical
- USB 3.0 audio output for connecting to an external DAC
- analog outputs
- stereo RCA unbalanced preamp out
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- storage interface
- USB 3.0
- microSD card slot
- enclosed bay for optional 7mm SSD (solid-state drive) up to 4TB
- total harmonic distortion + noise:
- amp: 0.006%
- preamp: 0.005%
- signal to noise ratio:
- amp: 100 dB
- preamp: 108 dB
- headphone: 98 dB
- 11"W x 3-5/16"H x 9-7/16"D
- 5.07 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year