HiFi Rose RS250
High Resolution Music Streamer & DAC
With a large touchsreen display, terrific user interface, and the ability to operate the RS250 with a remote one can fully configure and operate this network music streamer without a tablet or phone. The RoseApp is available for iOS and Android devices, and is also super intuitive to use. There are a ton of features and connectivity options with the RS250 as well. One can use it as a streaming DAC with volume control, driving a pair of powered speakers, or monoblock amps. Or use your own preamp for a full analog volume control. Last there is the option to use the RS250 as as a streamer only, keeping one's existing preamp and DAC in the system.
The streamer can connect via Ethernet or Wi-fi. It has a powerful Hexa Core CPU with an Android based operating system. This also means you have compatibility with Android AND iOS devices. One can add up to 4tb of internal storage, connect an external drive via USB, or access your music library on your home network's NAS.
The RS250 uses a Femto Clock fed ES9038 Q2M Sabre chip with proprietary processing that offers a low-noise, low-distortion, ultra-high-resolution sound with rich analog density. Sampling rates go up to PCM 32bit/768KHz and native DSD512 (22.5792Mhz). In addition, there are 5 filters one can choose from for tailoring the sound to one's individual preference if using the Ethernet input. The USB input is limited to just one filter however. Additionally, oversampling can be implemented as well if desired.
Linear Power Supply
The RS250 is designed with a low-noise toroidal linear power supply. Something that is difficult to find at this price point.
One thing we found very interesting about the HiFi Rose products is the ability to set the analog output voltage. There is of course the variable setting if one wishes to use as a volume control. But there are several fixed settings one can use to optimize the gain for ones preamplifier or amp.
- Solid aluminum panel chassis
- 8.8-inch-wide HD touchscreen display
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) capability
- Control with touchscreen, Rose Connect app for Apple® and Android™ devices, or included Bluetooth remote
- Front-panel volume control/mute knob
- Hexa-core CPU:
- Dual-core Cortex-A72 CPU up to 1.8 GHz
- Quad-core Cortex-A53 up to 1.4 GHz
- ESS SABRE ES9038 Q2M DAC
- Maximum resolution: 32-bit/768 KHz
- Support for Apple AirPlay, DLNA, Roon, and MQA (full decoder)
- Support for TIDAL, Spotify, Qobuz, RoseTube (YouTube), internet radio stations, and RosePodcast
- Supported audio formats include MQA, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, OGG, M4A and more
- PCM decoding up to 32-bit/768kHz
- Native DSD decoding up to DSD512 (22.4MHz)
- Supported video formats include ASF, AVI, MKV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and more up to 4K resolution
- Ethernet port
- HDMI video output with up to 4K resolution
- Digital inputs
- Toslink optical
- USB 3.0 audio input for connecting an external drive
- Analog input
- Stereo RCA unbalanced line in
- Digital outputs
- Toslink optical
- USB 3.0 audio output
- Analog outputs
- Stereo RCA unbalanced preamp out
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Storage Interface
- USB 3.0
- Enclosed bay for optional 7mm SSD up to 4TB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.0003% (1KHz 2.3Vrms)
- Signal to noise ratio: 116 dB
- Dimensions: 10-15/16"W x 3"H x 7-15/16"D
- Weight: 7.1 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year