Innuos Zenith MK 3
Music Server & Streamer
The Innuos Zenith Mk3 incorporates Innuos' new EMI-treated Custom motherboard and premium Triple-Linear Power Supply. The new power supply features ultra-low noise regulators and Mundorf Capacitors, using trickle-down technology from the original ZENith SE. The internal SSD is also mounted and treated to avoid vibration and EMI interference. Strategically placed asymmetrical feet are now a standard feature of the ZENith as a result of the development of the feature for the original ZENith SE. The media streamer and server uses a Quad Core Intel PCU, and comes equipped with either 1, 2, 4 or 8TB of solid state SSD digital storage. The ZENith Mk3 also has a USB 3.0 connection in addition to the USB 2.0 and ethernet. A second ethernet connection allows direct ethernet streaming to another renderer.
- Premium Triple-Linear Power Supply With ultra-low noise regulators and premium Mundorf Capacitors
- 8GB RAM with 4GB In-Memory playback
- Ultra-low Noise USB Audio Output
- Custom-made motherboard with improved EMI treatment
- Vibration and EMI treated SSD
- Medical grade mains filter
Zenith MK3 vs. Statement
The Innuos Statement has the following improvements over the Zenith MK3
- Outboard power supply with 8 independent rails
- Ethernet reclocking
- USB reclocking
CNC machined chassis (for power supply and streamer)
Zen MK3 Vs Zenith MK3
The Zenith Mk3 has the following improvements over the Zen MK3
- Solid state drives - Quieter and longer lasting
- Triple linear power supply with Mundorf capacitors
Complete Streaming Solution For The Most Demanding Music Lover
"Drawing parallels with the vinyl world, a DAC is analogous to a phono pre-amplifier whilst the source device (PC/Mac/streamer) stands in for the turntable itself. Each part of the chain influences the audible outcome. Experience tells us what theory-fixated armchair pundits cannot: that everything matters." - John Darko, Digital Audio Review
"...Innuos has a music server/player that's very solidly made, attractively styled, super fast due to its SSD and a poster child for user friendliness and intuitive use. Particularly the browser interface makes chores like tags, rips, imports and backup scheduling easy as pie. This should be the gold standard...
...The Zenith MkII did a terrific job as a career audiophile of purist leanings: tonally neutral, ultra resolved, rhythmically in the pocket and spatially dimensional. At its price, I'm not aware of competitors which objectively would be "more correct" – merely those that do it different if no better" - Sixmoons
Our Bottom Line
The Innuos brand of music server/streamers is the most well thought out, stable, feature packed, easiest to set up, maintain and use players we have come across to date. The Zenith MK2 is the best sounding regular production streamer we have heard to date. If you are in the market for a streamer, Innuos needs to be at the top of your "must audition" list. Fortunately we can make that happen with our In Home Audition program. Contact us today for details!
Zenith MK3 Feature Summary
- Full-width Design
- Innovative Triple-Linear Power Supply with ultra-low noise regulators and Nichicon MUSE Capacitors
- Anti-vibration treatment on chassis and electronic components
- Independent floating optical drive and SSD platform
- Medical-grade Mains Filter
- 1,2, or 4TB SSD Storage
- Dual Ethernet Ports for LAN and Streamer with isolation transformers
- In-Memory playback with 4GB Cache
- Ultra-low Noise USB Audio Output
- Quad-core Intel CPU, 8GB RAM
- 1,2, or 4TB internal solid state drive
- Requires an Ethernet connection.
- Requires a DAC with USB input.
- Web browser-based interface for setup and configuration
Self Contained, Stable, Easy To Install & Use
What do I mean when I say the Innuos Zenith MK2 is self contained? It is a music streamer capable of running as a Roon server and player, it has built in storage of 1, 2, or 4 terabytes, it has a built in CD ripper and a universal web browser based interface for setup & library management. You can download, rip, store and play back your music files without the need for a NAS or server. This has another advantage of making the Innuos incredibly easy to set up.
The Zenith MK2 is Roon ready, and capable of running as a Roon Server, Player or both. Quite amazing really, and it adds to the ease of use factor. There's no need for a NAS or another networked server. Your musiclibrary, music server, and streamer are contained in one component.
Intelligent CD Ripping
The Zenith MK2 offers Bit-Perfect Ripping Using AccurateStream technology. You can extract every last bit of your CDs into WAV or lossless FLAC files.
Automatic CD Ripping: Just pop-in a CD, the innuOS Zenith MK2 will automatically get full album data and cover art from multiple online databases, rip your CD and eject when done.
Assisted CD Ripping: Assisted CD Ripping allows you to see and edit all the album data and cover obtained from the online databases before you rip the CD. Great for Classical Music!
Quiet Mode: Love to listen to music while ripping your CDs and want absolute silence? Just engage Quiet Mode for slowing down ripping, making it much quieter and with less vibration.
Offline Ripping: CDs can be ripped without internet connection. When connected, album data and cover for all offline ripped CDs will be obtained with a simple click.
Digital Music Importing
Import Wizards for Existing Libraries: The Zenith MK2 has pre-defined wizards for importing music from USB storage, Music Servers and NAS.
Intelligent Import Engine: The innuOS streamer takes all the hard work of importing music by intelligently analysing the music files and applying a number of rules such as:
- Organizing the music based on format quality (compressed, cd quality or high-resolution), Artist and Album
- Removing very long file names or illegal characters
- Adding metadata to WAV files based on folder structure
Download from Online Stores: Qobuz, Linn Records, HD Tracks, HiResAudio, B&W Society of Sound, iTunes, Amazon and more. Just download the music files (even if they are in a zip or tar file) to the Auto Import shared folder and the server will take care of adding and updating the music library.
"Precisely because the interface was browser-based, I didn't have to fire up a PC/Mac or install an app. Any smartphone or tablet can tag/import files, rip CDs and set up backups. So intuitive was this interface that any additional words on my part would only make it more complicated." - Sixmoons
Music Library Management
Edit or Delete Albums: Browse your library, select the album you want to update and just start editing directly on your tablet or smartphone. You can change the cover, manage genres based on previously used genres or simply delete the album - couldn’t be easier.
Quarantine: Quarantine is a staging area, separate from the Music Library, where any albums requiring attention are placed so they can be fixed before they go into the Music Library. These include:
- Albums with no metadata
- Ripped albums with damaged tracks
- Potentially duplicated albums
- Albums ripped offline
Automatic Music Library Update: After music is added, modified or deleted, the library is automatically updated as well as any connected systems such as Sonos or UPnP Streamers.
Music Server Management
Automatic Network Identification: No more figuring out IP addresses find your server. Just go to my.innuos.com on your tablet or smartphone to list all Innuos devices on the network and access the innuOS App from there.
Remote Updates: Update the system with a touch of a button to benefit from our continuous improvements: new functionalities, enriched customer experience or enhanced sound quality.
Automatic Backup to USB Drive or NAS: Backup of your music library can be set on innuOS to start automatically based on library growth (e.g. every time 50 CDs are added) to either a USB backup drive or to a NAS on the network.
Rediscover your existing music collection, discover new music: Play all your music as well as Internet Radio and streaming services with the best sound quality by connecting directly to a DAC or Digital Amplifier via asynchronous USB.
*Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz require premium subscriptions
Supports All Major Music Formats: The innuOS Music Player plays FLAC, DSD, MQA, WAV, Apple Lossless, AIFF, M4A and MP3 supporting bitrates up to 32bit/384KHz and DSD256, when connecting to compatible DACs
Playback from NAS: Play music stored on an external NAS drive.
Roon-Ready Player: The innuOS Music Player can optionally become a Roon-Ready player so you can use the amazing Roon interface to explore your music like never before.
Streamers and Multi-Room systems
Perfect Integration with Sonos: innuOS can automatically connect its music library to a Sonos system at the touch of a button as well as automatically rescan the Sonos Music Library when any album is added, modified or deleted from the Music Library.
Fast and Reliable UPnP Server: innuOS also contains a UPnP Server configured out-of-the-box to work flawlessly with a number of UPnP-based systems:
Wireless multi-room: such as Denon HEOS, Bang & Olufsen and BOSE, etc. Music streamers such as Naim, Linn , Moon, Auralic and many others
Roon Server: innuOS will also optionally integrate Roon Core* so you can use innuOS with other Roon-Ready streamers for a complete multi-room system.
* A Roon license, purchased separately, is required
Home Automation: innuOS can be integrated with the most popular home automation control systems such as RTI, Control4, KNX, AMX, Elan, Crestron and iRidium.
- Digital Output
- Ultra Low Noise USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 1, USB Audio Class 2 and DoP
- 2x isolated RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet - LAN and Streamer connection Other
- 1x VGA (service connection only)
- 1x USB 2.0 (DAC)
- 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
CD Formats: Red Book
Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
Audio format for stored CDs
- FLAC (zero compression)
- WAV Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3
- Sample Rates 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz , DSD64, DSD128
- Bit Depths 16bit, 24bit, 32bit
USER CONTROL INTERFACES
- Web Interface
- Web Browsers from iOS, Android (4.0 and up) or up-to-date Windows and OS X browsers Mobile App for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows 10
- CD/DVD drive
- TEAC Slot-loading drive Hard Drive
- 1,2 or 4Tb Samsung EVO SSD
- Intel Quad Core 2GHz
- 8Gb DDR3 - 4Gb dedicated for Memory Playback
STREAMING AND CD STORAGE
- UPnP Server DLNA device compatible
- Connect and play to USB DACs (USB Audio Class 1 and Class 2, DoP)
- Average CD Storage Time: 5 minutes
- OneMusicAPI aggregating multiple CD metadata sources
Compatible Music Systems
- Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System
- Naim Mu-so Multi-room Wireless Music System
- Denon HEOS Multi-room Wireless Music System
- Squeezebox Multi-room Wireless Music System
- Naim Uniti music streamers
- Linn DS music streamers
- Pioneer N50A
- Cambridge Audio CXN
- Denon 720AE
DLNA/UPnP compatible devices
- USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 1 or 2
- USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol
- Internet connection to access album metadata when storing CDs, Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates
- Network router with at least one available ethernet port
- Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Remote control app compatible with the Logitech Media Server (Free and Paid versions available) or Web Browser - Most modern web browsers and platforms are supported
DAC / Converter
- DAC with USB input supporting USB Audio Class 1, USB Audio Class 2 or DoP protocols
Mains Supply 115-120 V AC - Internal Triple-Linear Power Supply with ultra-low noise regulators Power Consumption 12W when idle, 25W peak
- Dimensions: 70 x 420 x 320 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 9 Kg
In the box
- Innuos Zenith Music Server
- Mains Cable
- 2m Ethernet Cable (to connect to router)
- Getting Started leaflet