Modwright KWH 225i Integrated Amplifier
Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
Hybrid Design In Modwright's DNA
The Modwright KWH 225i hybrid integrated amp represents the culmination of years of solid state and tube preamp/amplifier design. Modwright has from it's very beginning preferred a hybrid approach to system building. Combining the natural richness of tube preamplifiers with the grip and punch of solid state amplification.
The KWh 2225i hybrid integrated amp is a natural extension of this philosophy. Combining the solid state output stage of Modwright's Reference KWA 150SE amp, with the controls and integration of the KWI 200, then replacing the KWI 200 solid state preamp circuit with a Class A tube design and increasing the power to 225W. The result is the KWH 225i.
Class A Operation, Zero Negative Feedback
The Class A preamp stage, with 25 watts of zero negative feedback Class A output from the amplifier section will be a fantastic match for efficiency speaker designs. Even lower efficiency speakers will benefit from the high current 225 watts of Class A/B output.
- Three sets of RCA inputs.
- One set of XLR inputs.
- One Home Theater Bypass Input (HTBP)
- Optional SS phono stage (user installable).
- Front panel controls: Input select, power, volume and HTBP.
- Remote control functions: Power, volume, mute, input select, dim/turn off displays.
- Tube Complement: (2) 6922/6dj8/7308.
- Class AB operation, biased into Class A for the first 25W.
- Zero negative feedback.
- Input Impedance: 20K
- Gain: 32dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-100Khz (-1dB at 100Khz).
- Dimensions: 17“Wx17“Dx6.5“H
- Weight: 60 lbs