Lab 12 Dac 1 Reference
NOS Tube DAC
Lab12 is a state-of-the-art high end manufacturer founded in 2012. Years of passionate experiments, exploration and R & D have transformed Lab12 from a one-man operation in Athens to a fast growing venture delivering musical products all over the globe. However, what is at the heart of all the products we produce, is that they hold on to our core belief that the emotional impact and an engaging musical performance are the most important factors when listening to music.
Each and every product undergoes state-of-the-art measuring processes and final tuning that are the result of months of listening and tuning to ensure that you, the end user, get a truly exceptional product that simply lets you enjoy the music you love.
Dac 1 Reference
Many of the most demanding music lovers and audiophiles have discovered the unique sonic advantages of non-oversampling DACs.
The biggest challenge for any DAC is the sound and not the ‘’numbers’’. Digital by default sounds very different when compared to analog and the folks at Lab12 have spent countless hours striving for the perfect voicing that resembles the very best qualities of analog. We couldn’t be more proud of their Dac1 reference.
Lab 12 pushed the limits in all stages, such as power supply stages, digital inputs crucial paths and receivers, jitter reduction etc, in order to reach the closest approach to the original analog sound.
Dac1 reference uses eight multibit Philips DAC chips in a complex parallel configuration right after an efficient layout digital receiver stage, allied with two dual triodes tubes in output stage. Each and every part has been selected for its sonic value that brings identifiable and coherent benefits to the final sound you will hear. The result is one of a kind emotional and transparent sonic performance.
- Input Sampling Rate up to 24bit/192 kHz
- Non Oversampling mode
- 8x Multibit Philips DACs network
- 2x Dual Triodes tubes I/V analog output stage
- 6 Separate Regulated Power Supplies
- Analog retro Nissei VU meters
- 6mm Aluminum face panel
- 5 Year Warranty
- Power: 210 – 240VAC 50Hz (110 – 120VAC 60Hz)
- Power consumption: 70 VA max
- Inputs: 2x SPDIF (Coaxial RCA), 1x USB2, 1x spdif (Optical Toslink)
- Outputs: 2x RCA, 2x XLR unbalanced (balanced version available)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20 KHz + 0dB/-1dB
- THD: lower than 0.15%
- Rated output level: 2.5Vrms
- Tube complement: 2x 6922 dual triode
- Available Colours: Matt Black, Frozen Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 43x11x29 cm
- Weight: 7.5 Kg