Wireless Streaming Loudspeaker
- Turnkey audio system
- Fully active powered design (700 watts per speaker)
- Wireless streaming capability
- Multiple wired connections
- Uni Q coaxial main driver with META Technology
- 4x Force cancelling UniCore active bass drivers PER SPEAKER
- Only 5.12" wide
- 2 year warranty on parts and accessories. 5 year warranty on the drivers
The KEF LS60 Wireless loudspeaker has something for everyone. Whether you are a seasoned audiophile looking to simplify your system, a music lover looking for a plug and play solution, a family of music lovers that demands a user friendly experience, or just starting your journey toward higher quality audio. The KEF LS60 is an outstanding choice, and destined to be a classic loudspeaker design.
The LS60 Wireless also has power in abundance, with a highly optimised mixture of bespoke Class AB and Class D amplification delivering a combined 1400 Watts of audiophile-grade power, with amplifiers dedicated to high, medium and low frequencies within each speaker. The 4 powered woofers receive 500 watts of Class D amplification. Class D is known for it's high power, low distortion, efficiency and the ability to work well on bass drivers. The midrange part of the Uni-Q driver is also powered by Class D amplification (100 watts to be exact). Class D was chosen for it's low distortion and high output capability. The high frequency portion of the Uni-Q driver is powered by a 100 watt Class A/B amplifier. Class A/B amplifiers possess greater efficiency than Class A amplifiers (which generate a ton of heat) but have a sweeter, more delicate high frequency output than most class D amplifers. With the LS60, You get the best of all worlds with the smart amplification choices made by the KEF engineering team.
Right out-of-the-box, the LS60 boasts wireless compatibility with Wi-Fi, Apple AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast and Bluetooth. Using the superb KEF Connect app you can stream Amazon Music, Qobuz, and Deezer or tune in to internet radio and podcasts. If you prefer to use native apps such as Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, QPlay, and Roon (Expected Fall 2022), the LS60 has you covered. And for the tech/audio geeks, the LS60 Wireless also supports the streaming of PCM files up to 24bit/384kHz, as well as MQA decoding and DSD.
Along with the wireless capability and Ethernet port for streaming, the LS60 also supports all your wired sources as well. Whether you love to listen to vinyl records on your turntable or want to get the best possible sound from your CD player and gaming console. There’s also an HDMI (eARC) connection for a high-quality link up with your TV, and a dedicated output on each of the two speakers for the addition of one or two KEF subwoofers. The KEF KC62 or KF92 subwoofers can add even more impact and low frequency extension the the already thunderous output of the 8 (yes 8) 6.5" force cancelling active woofers on the LS60.
KEF Uni-Q Main Driver with Meta Material Absorption Technology (MAT)
KEF's Uni Q technology is essentially an advanced coaxial driver. Every home audio model has some version of the Uni Q driver as it's foundation. The coaxial driver provides a coherant, point source and offers even dispersion across a wide listening area. This means that the sound will appear to emanate from one coherent location, as opposed to hearing sound from a high and a low frequency driver separated by several inches. The sound will be phase coherent, meaning all frequencies will arrive at your ears at the exact time they are supposed to. Last it also means that the sound will be balanced across a wide listening area, so everyone in the room can enjoy the same fidelity.
Uni-Core Force Cancelling Bass Drivers
KEF’s innovative, patent-pending Uni-Core™ technology redefines/reduces the physical space high-performance speakers and subwoofers required to deliver deep and accurate bass. Through exceptional engineering and creativity, KEF’s engineers have revolutionised the traditional force cancelling arrangement with a Uni-Core™ design that delivers deeper bass from ultra-compact cabinets.
The innovative Uni-Core™ system overcomes the performance compromises when placing force cancelling drivers into a smaller cabinet. Uni-Core™ combines both back-to-back drivers into a single motor system. The overlapping, concentrically arranged voice coils allows for far more driver excursion than in other force cancelling design, unlocking more output and depth from less space.
Every aspect of LS60 Wireless has been considered for acoustic benefits, but also from a design perspective.
Working together with the KEF product design team, industrial designer Michael Young brings his vibrant imagination, sophisticated minimalism and innovative approach to the LS60 Wireless design. LS60 Wireless achieves a fine balance of form and function with well considered details.
The slender speaker cabinets are finished in three matte finishes: Titanium Grey, Mineral White and Royal Blue, all of which feature tone-matched drive units. The Titanium Grey and Mineral White are designed to be blended into interior spaces, while the Royal Blue is perfect for those who want to make a statement.
- Isoacoustics Gaia II vibration damping feet ($299) - The Gaia II are a significant upgrade. They will improve clarity from the bass up to the midrange by absorbing cabinet resonances. They come with the required adapters that fit the LS60.
- Audience Forte F5 Powerchord with "M" treatment ($849) - The Forte F5 PowerChord from Audience opens up the midrange and high frequency detail significantly over the stock cord. The bass has improved impact and depth as well.
- KEF KC62 Subwoofer ($1499) - The KC 62 extends the low bass response of the LS60's and has a very small footprint. It also uses the force canceling style bass drivers that the LS60 uses for ultra low distortion.
- (per speaker) HF: 19 mm (0.75 in.) vented aluminium dome with Metamaterial Absorption Technology
- MF: 100 mm (4in.) aluminium cone
- Uni-Core Force Cancelling Driver: LF: 4 x 135 mm (5.25 in.)
Frequency range (-6dB)
- measured at 85dB/1m 26 Hz - 36 kHz *Depends on EQ settings
Frequency response (±3dB)
- measured at 85dB/1m 31 Hz - 24 kHz *Depends on EQ settings
Amplifier output power (per speaker)
- LF: 500W Class D
- MF: 100W Class D
- HF: 100W Class A/B
Max SPL measured at 1m: 111 dB
Wireless streaming features/protocols
- AirPlay 2
- Google Chromecast
- Roon Ready*
- UPnP Compatible
- Bluetooth 4.2
Streaming services (*Depends on services availability in different countries)
- Spotify via Spotify Connect
- Tidal via Tidal Connect
- Amazon Music
- QQ Music via QPlay
- Internet Radio
Maximum resolution per input (*Depends on source resolution)
- Input resolution Network up to 24bit/384kHz
- Optical up to 24bit/96kHz
- Coaxial up to 24bit/192kHz
- HDMI up to 24bit/192kHz
- Wireless: all sources resampled to 24bit/96kHzt PCM
- Wired: all sources resampled to 24bit/192kHz PCM
Supported format (all inputs)
- FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, AAC, WMA, MP3, M4A, LPCM and Ogg Vorbis
Supported format (network)
- MQA, DSD
Dimensions (HWD per speaker)
- 1090 x 212 x 394 mm (42.9 x 8.3 x 15.5 in.) with plinth
- 1042 x 130 x 321 mm (41.0 x 5.1 x 12.6 in.) without plinth
Weight: (per set) 62.4 kg (138 lbs)
Power input: 100 – 240VAC 50/60Hz
- 450W (operating power)
- < 2.0W (standby power)
Inputs (Primary Speaker):
- HDMI eARC
- TOSLINK Optical
- Digital Coaxial
- Analog RCA
- RJ45 Ethernet (network)
- RJ45 Ethernet (interspeaker)
- RCA Subwoofer output(Each Speaker)
Wi-Fi network standard: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Wi-Fi network frequency band Dual-band 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
* Expected release Fall 2022.