Lumin A1 Music Streamer
Lumin A1 Music Streamer
High End Audio Music Server
We take trades! | Questions? Call 303-653-6341 or email us.
"The A-1 is such a strong performer with the formats that are actually to buy right now; even if you never actually bought a DSD recording, you wouldn't feel that you weren't seeing the full benefit of the unit. Furthermore, the DSD upsampling also works well with a variety of material. The more time you spend with the Lumin, the more it becomes clear that the strong performance with a wide variety of material, the extremely well thought out app, and the very handsome appearance combine to make the Lumin a very enticing buy and one that should work well in a variety of systems. " - Hi-Fi+
" I spent many hours over many days and weeks just listening to the Lumin and I really have nothing I can find to complain about. It is at once detailed, delicate, smooth, without edge or etch, and it throws out a nice physical sound image that is very easy to fall into." - Stereophile's AudioStream
"Lumin is the network player by which all others should be judged." - Computer Audiophile
"In short, this DSD streamer outclassed anything I've heard at home or beyond.... About 10 listeners who heard my loaner sold off their Linn streamers to buy the new kid in town."- SixMoons
The Lumin A1 Audiophile Network Music Player
It Just Works
Finally, a computer audio based solution that just works. No clunky interfaces, cobbled together workarounds, and no need for a master's degree in computer science. The Lumin network music streamer was painstakingly designed to be easy to use and stable.
From mainstream formats FLAC and Apple Lossless (ALAC) through native DSD (SACD files), up to the highest resolution 384kHz, 32bit Studio Masters, the Lumin A1 Network Music Player can handle them all with seamless precision and stable operation.
Supporting Gapless Playback and On-device Playlists for a superior playback experience and UPnP AV, the Lumin A1 Network Streamer is compatible with your home network.
"The Lumin suffers from none of the common network audio player ills. I streamed high res, low res, medium res, sky-high res, you-name-it res to the Lumin over my network and it simply worked. Gapless DSD? Check. Gapless 24 bit / 192 kHz? Check. No hiccups? Check. Lumin is without a doubt the most polished DLNA network player I've used to date." - Computer Audiophile
The highest-grade matching components, circuit design and spacious layout includes true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.
The Lumin External Power Supply
"In comparison with the K-03, the Lumin’s Redbook performance was plainly superior. There was not one area where the Lumin could be considered inferior. Tonal balance seemed a bit more neutral, timbres were more realistic, three-dimensional imaging was just as good, dynamics were outstanding and the Lumin's liquid character provided the in my opinion greater listening pleasure. Let that sink in! This was astonishing performance against the Japanese deck which to me remains one of the very best CD/SACD players on the market and trades for a much higher sticker [$13.000 – Ed]" - SixMoons
A superbly intuitive, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
Music Storage options
- You can play back your music files from a NAS on your home network with Minimserver installed.
- You can use Lumin's 2 terabyte L1 server/external hard disk (pictured to your right). This connects directly to the Lumin and offers some playback options not available through NAS or (non-Lumin) external hard disk playback.
- Tweek Geek offers a pre configured 1 terabyte Samsung solid state external drive that connects directly to the Lumin through an available USB port. Solid state drives are fast, and have no moving internal parts, thereby eliminating the noise and chatter associated with spinning hard disks.
All LUMIN control is available through the LUMIN iPad App. Created in harmony with the LUMIN hardware to deliver the most intuitive and visually rich way to browse, select and play your music collection. Sit in the comfort of your listening chair and play your favorite music, create playlists, and pause when the phone rings. A couch potatoe's dream! More information from the Manufacturer's site.
"The Lumin iPad application is very polished. I needed no instructions to get up and running and to understand 99% of the options. " - Computer Audiophile
Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile's hi-fi.
"The outstanding build quality and industrial design in fact reminded me much of the five times as expensive Linn Klimax and the Devialet D-Premier " - SixMoons
What you will need
The following components are required for a typical configuration of a LUMIN system:
- LUMIN Audiophile Network Media Player.
- iPad running LUMIN iPad App.
- Home Network including Wi-Fi connection.
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) including UPnP server (QNAP or Synology are recommended).
- Computer (optional) used for ripping CDs, downloading music and configuring the NAS.
- Amplifier and Loudspeakers.
- More information from the Lumin Quickstart Guide
Check out these great accessories to enhance the performance of your Lumin
What you, or your installer will need to have experience with
- Ethernet networks and router based Wi-Fi networks
- Tagging music files and folder
- MinimServer or other media server based software
- iPad or other tablet
- The iPad app and/or Kinsky tablet control for streaming media
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO:
- MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1khz-384kHz, 16-32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8MHz, 1bit, Stereo
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- All models of Apple iPad (iPad 2 or later recommended). iOS 5.0 or later required
- Ethernet Network 100Base-T
- XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unblanced, 2Vrms
- PCM 44.1khz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- PCM 44.1khz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD 2.8MHz, 1bit
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE:
- Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 per channel
- Fully balanced layout with discrete components
- Output connectors coupled with LUNDAHL LL7401 output transformer
LUMIN (SOLID ALUMINUM CHASSIS):
- 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H), 8kg
- 100mm (W), 295mm (D), 55mm (H), 2kg
- Operation: 20W
- Standby: 15W
- Firmware Upgradable for further features and enhancements