Lumin S1 Network Music Streamer
Lumin S1 Network Music Streamer
Find Out What Your Trade Is Worth | Questions? Call 303-653-6341 or email us.
"What Lumïn delivers in full scale is something that audiophiles rarely even get a glimpse of—the cardinal value of music—emotions it provides listeners with."
"The S1 now competes directly with heavyweights like the Ayon S5 or TotalDAC Dual server + Dac ... Its soundstaging and imaging capabilities surpass anything I have heard in the digital domain. At the same time the Lumïn S1 delivers an enormously appealing and involving musical presentation which will become my new reference..." - Sixmoons
Lumin's Flagship Streamer
The Flagship Lumin S1 Network Music Streamer is capable of DSD128 5.6Mhz 1-bit playback. Milled from a solid billet of aluminum for resonance and RFI rejection. It utilising 4 ESS SABRE32 Reference DAC chips to deliver a total of 16 DACs per channel in parallel. Featuring a new clocking system and an enhanced, dual toroidal external power supply. While LUMIN S1 brings greater resolution and a more dynamic sound, no stone has been left unturned to ensure that the characteristic LUMIN musicality is delivered. This has involved tuning every part of the system to complement these new DAC chips, including revising the clocking system and enhancing the external dual-toroidal power supply.
- Positive Feedback Onlnine - "What Lumïn delivers in full scale is something that audiophiles rarely even get a glimpse of—the cardinal value of music—emotions it provides listeners with."
- Sixmoons, August 2014 - "The LUMIN S1 to my ears combines the rare ability of sounding pristine, precise, warm and rhythmically involving all at once."
- High Fidelity - "What Lumïn delivers in full scale is something that audiophiles rarely even get a glimpse of – the cardinal value of music – emotions it provides listeners with. "
S1 Chassis milled from a solid block of aluminum.
Effortlessly plays everything from DSD 128 5.6Mhz through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, TIDAL, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
No stone has been left unturned to ensure that the characteristic LUMIN musicality is delivered. This has involved tuning every part of the system to complement these new DAC chips, including revising the clocking system and enhancing the external dual-toroidal power supply.
Precision-machined from a solid block of aluminium using the finest materials, LUMIN deserves a place at the top of any audiophile's hi-fi.
The highest-grade matching components, circuit design and spacious layout include true balanced audio outputs and an external toroidal power supply.
Lundahl output transformers in the analog output stage
Analog Output Stage
- 4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips – 2 units per channel delivering 16 DACs per channel in parallel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- Output connectors coupled with dual LUNDAHL LL7401 output transformers
4 ESS SABRE32 9018 DAC chips – 2 units per channel delivering 16 DACs per channel in parallel
The external power supply for the S1.
Music Storage options
- You can play back your music files from a NAS on your home network with Minimserver installed.
- You can use Lumin's 2 terabyte L1 server/external hard disk. This connects directly to the Lumin and offers some playback options not available through NAS or (non-Lumin) external hard disk playback.
- Tweek Geek offers a pre configured 1 terabyte Samsung solid state external drive that connects directly to the Lumin through an available USB port. Solid state drives are fast, and have no moving internal parts, thereby eliminating the noise and chatter associated with spinning hard disks.
Difference between the A1 and Lumin S1
The S1 shares the same solid aluminium chassis as the current A1 but offers higher levels of performance by utilizing 4 x ESS Sabre 9018 eight-channel DAC chips (two per channel). This arrangement delivers 16 paralleled DACs per side as compared to the single Wolfson WM8741 DAC per channel of the A1. This modern Sabre multiple Delta Sigma or MDS architecture confers on Lumïn’s new flagship comparable D/A conversion to the Accuphase DC-901. MDS is a technique for reducing conversion errors to improve the measurable performance of D/A converters. The result is higher dynamic range, better linearity, lower harmonic distortion plus further improvements in other areas.
The Lumin App
All Functionality of the Lumin S1 is handled through the intuitiv interface of the Lumin App. The Lumin App is designed to be intuitive to use without any training. Most users just download the app and start playing.
"The Lumin iPad application is very polished. I needed no instructions to get up and running and to understand 99% of the options. " - Computer Audiophile
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
Supported audio files formats:
- DSD: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- Compressed (lossy) audio: MP3, AAC (w M4A)
Sampling frequency and bits depth:
- PCM: 44.1kHz – 384kHz, 16 – 32-bit, stereo
- DSD: 2.8MHz | 5.6MHz, 1-bit, stereo
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
- XLR: 4 Vrms, pin 2=hot
- RCA: 2V rms
- BNC S/PDIF: PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM): 2.8MHz, 1-bit
Finish: raw brushed aluminum; black anodized aluminum upon special order
Dimensions and weight:
- player: 350 (W) x 345 (D) x 60 mm (H) | 8 kg
- power supply: 100 (W) x 315 (D) x 55 mm (H) | 2 kg
More on the Lumin App