Lumin U1 Mini
Lumin U1 Mini
Network Music Streamer
Based on the Lumin U1, the U1 Mini offers musch of the Performance of the U1 for a lower price.
- Transport-only unit based on the award-winning LUMIN S1
- 5 types of digital audio outputs
- DSD256 11.2MHz
- PCM 44.1–384kHz 16–32bit
- Native Tidal & Qobuz support
- Internal Power Supply
- USB output
Following the huge success of LUMIN D2, Lumin investigated the possibility of making the LUMIN U1 transport technology similarly accessible. The result is a huge specification in a compact package. Capable of upsampling and downsampling all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD128 and supporting playback of DSD256, LUMIN U1 MINI matches the U1 in almost every area - except price.
As well as supporting DSD output over SPDIF (via DoP), LUMIN U1 also adds DSD256 digital output via 2 new USB ports.
The biggest differences between the U1 and U1 mini are the chassis and the power supply. The U1 sports a CNC milled chassis and outboard linear power supply. The U1 mini comes in a more utilitarian aluminum chassis and has an internal high quality switching power supply.
U1 Mini Specifications
UPSAMPLING AND DOWNSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS: Upsampling and downsampling to and from any supported rate including DSD128 and 384kHz PCM
2x USB: DSD256, 11.2MHz, 1bit, Stereo
PCM 44.1khz–384kHz, 16–32bit
Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EBU:
DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24bit
POWER SUPPLY: Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Raw brushed aluminum or black anodized aluminum chassis: 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 3kg
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSD LOSSLESS: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM LOSSLESS: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1–384kHz, 16–32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8-11.2MHz, 1bit, Stereo
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- Apple iOS devices. iOS 5.0 or later required.
- Android tablets (7” screen or larger). Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- TIDAL native support.
- Qobuz native support.
- AirPlay compatibility.
- TuneIn Radio native support.
- High-Resolution Artwork.
- Artwork Caching.
- Multiple-tag handling.
- ‘Composer’ tag support.
- Tag Browsing.
- Gigabit Ethernet Network (1000BASE-T)
- 2x USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- Raw brushed aluminium
- Black anodised aluminium finish is available as a special order item. Please contact your retailer for costs and lead time
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements