Network Streamer for DAC Owners
Based on the award winning Lumin S1, the U1 offers the streaming capability of the S1 without the DAC.
- Transport-only unit based on the award-winning LUMIN S1
- 5 types of digital audio outputs
- DSD256 11.2MHz
- PCM 44.1–384kHz 16–32bit
- Native Tidal & Qobuz support
After years of requests from existing high-end DAC owners, the LUMIN team have taken the finest components from the flagship S1 model and developed them specifically for digital processing and output. In other words, the Lumin U1 is the Lumin S1 minus the DAC. Using a new dedicated LUMIN U1 processor adds upsampling and downsampling for every supported format – all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD256 and DXD – providing maximum DAC compatibility and optimization.
As well as supporting DSD output over SPDIF (via DoP), LUMIN U1 also adds DSD256 digital output via 2 new USB ports.
UPSAMPLING AND DOWNSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS: Upsampling and downsampling to and from any supported rate including DSD128 and 384kHz PCM
2x USB: DSD256, 11.2MHz, 1bit, Stereo
PCM 44.1khz–384kHz, 16–32bit
Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EBU:
DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24bit
POWER SUPPLY: External dual-toroidal. Available in 240V and 110V versions
- LUMIN (SOLID ALUMINIUM CHASSIS): 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H), 8kg
- DUAL-TOROIDAL PSU: 100mm (W), 315mm (D), 55mm (H), 2kg
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSD LOSSLESS: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM LOSSLESS: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1–384kHz, 16–32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8-11.2MHz, 1bit, Stereo
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- Apple iOS devices. iOS 5.0 or later required.
- Android tablets (7” screen or larger). Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- TIDAL native support.
- Qobuz native support.
- AirPlay compatibility.
- TuneIn Radio native support.
- High-Resolution Artwork.
- Artwork Caching.
- Multiple-tag handling.
- ‘Composer’ tag support.
- Tag Browsing.
- Gigabit Ethernet Network (1000BASE-T)
- 2x USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- Raw brushed aluminium
- Black anodised aluminium finish is available as a special order item. Please contact your retailer for costs and lead time
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is an expensive product, but takes audio streaming to a different level. The accurate placing of instruments and voices in space impressed immediately, but that wouldn't be enough; it is their true timbre that keeps me listening. Rattle's Beethoven 3 had me transfixed, while Van Morrison's His Band and Street Choir, not a great recording, emerged new-minted. Roon delivers as faultlessly as the excellent proprietary app, an important consideration. I was advised to use AES after a few days' burn-in, but with my Luxman DAC, the USB sounds warmer, which I like, and gives more upsampling options. I'm very happy, and if I were wealthy would go for an X1 in a heartbeat!