Network Streamer for DAC Owners
Based on the award winning Lumin S1, the U1 offers the streaming capability of the S1 without the DAC.
- Transport-only unit based on the award-winning LUMIN S1
- 5 types of digital audio output including new USB
- Includes DSD512 22.5Mhz 1-bit playback
- PCM 44.1–768kHz 16–32-bit
- 4 exceptionally low-phase-noise crystal clock oscillators
- External dual-toroidal power supply
- Resampling to every supported format up to DSD128 and PCM384kHz
- Supports DoP (DSD over PCM) for Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EUB SPDIF
In other words, the Lumin U1 is the Lumin S1 minus the DAC. Using a new dedicated LUMIN U1 processor adds upsampling and downsampling for every supported format – all the way from 44.1kHz to DSD256 and DXD – providing maximum DAC compatibility and optimization.
As well as supporting DSD output over SPDIF (via DoP), LUMIN U1 also adds DSD256 digital output via 2 new USB ports.
UPSAMPLING AND DOWNSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS: Upsampling and downsampling to and from any supported rate including DSD128 and 384kHz PCM
- DSD512, 22.5MHz, 1bit, Stereo
- PCM 44.1khz–768kHz, 16–32bit
Optical, Coaxial RCA, Coaxial BNC & AES/EBU:
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24bit
POWER SUPPLY: External dual-toroidal. Available in 240V and 110V versions
- LUMIN (SOLID ALUMINIUM CHASSIS): 350mm (W), 345mm (D), 60mm (H), 8kg
- DUAL-TOROIDAL PSU: 100mm (W), 315mm (D), 55mm (H), 2kg
UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSD LOSSLESS: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM LOSSLESS: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO: MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1–384kHz, 16–32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8-11.2MHz, 1bit, Stereo
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- Apple iOS devices. iOS 5.0 or later required.
- Android tablets (7” screen or larger). Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- TIDAL native support.
- Qobuz native support.
- AirPlay compatibility.
- TuneIn Radio native support.
- High-Resolution Artwork.
- Artwork Caching.
- Multiple-tag handling.
- ‘Composer’ tag support.
- Tag Browsing.
- Gigabit Ethernet Network (1000BASE-T)
- 2x USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- Raw brushed aluminium
- Black anodised aluminium finish is available as a special order item. Please contact your retailer for costs and lead time
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is an expensive product, but takes audio streaming to a different level. The accurate placing of instruments and voices in space impressed immediately, but that wouldn't be enough; it is their true timbre that keeps me listening. Rattle's Beethoven 3 had me transfixed, while Van Morrison's His Band and Street Choir, not a great recording, emerged new-minted. Roon delivers as faultlessly as the excellent proprietary app, an important consideration. I was advised to use AES after a few days' burn-in, but with my Luxman DAC, the USB sounds warmer, which I like, and gives more upsampling options. I'm very happy, and if I were wealthy would go for an X1 in a heartbeat!