Modwright KWA 150SE Amplifier - $8995, Free Shipping
Modwright KWA 150 SE
Find Out What Your Trade Is Worth | Questions? Call 303-653-6341 or email us.
KWA 150 Signature Edition
Modwright has taken the already incredibly performing KWA 150 and applied nearly two years of additional R&D and thought into how to further improve upon the award-winning KWA 150 power amplifier.
"...the amp has settled in very nicely and I've REALLY enjoyed listening to my system over the past month - it's doing all the things you said it would do! The dynamics and lower noise floor (I'm assuming these go hand-in-hand) are most noticeable - maybe an increase in separation, as well - whatever it's doing, it's doing it WELL! I was listening to a RR of Clark Terry w/ 'big band' today and the dynamics are incredible..."
What is upgraded
- Upgraded model of Lundahl input transformer for improved speed and dynamics.
- Circuit design revisions to input circuits that lower distortion and improve dyanmics and resolution.
- Cryo-treated, solid core ultra-pure input wiring and 12GA stranded audio-grade output signal wire to binding posts.
- Revised capacitor bank (current storage design) that increases total storage (capacitance) and also lowers power supply impedance, which translates to faster current delivery to the output stage.
- A more open and resolving overall presentation.
- Tighter and faster bass and transients.
- Improved speed and dynamics, whilst still retaining tube-like midrange qualities.
- Improved soundstage and low-level cues due to an even LOWER noise floor.
KWA 150 SE Features
- Fully dual-mono internal design, including separate power transformers, power supplies and input and output stages for ideal separation and exceptional soundstage.
- Chassis design and internal layout optimized for lowest possible noise floor, providing greater micro-detail and micro-dynamics for a natural and organics sonic presentation.
- Fully discrete 'Solid State Music Stage' design by Alan Kimmel, offering midrange of tubes as well as muscle and speed of solid state design.
- Zero global Negative feedback.
- (24) High Current 'Thermatltrak' Bi-Polar output devices for extreme linearity and speed.
- Over 180,000uf total power supply capacitance reserves for deep and tuneful bass.
- Lundahl Input Transformer coupled floating ground design, preventing ground loops and isolation from ground mains, for exceptionally low noise floor.
- RCA and XLR inputs transformer coupled to fully balanced circuitry.
- Proprietary protection circuitry operating completely outside of signal path, protecting both amplifier and associated system components with ZERO impact on sonics.
- DC input and output protection
- Over-current protection.
- Output short-circuit protection.
- Thermal overload protection.
- Proprietary 'RFB' circuit to protect amp in case of single rail fuse failure
- Class A-AB operation.
- Bias optimized for low distortion, heat and sonics, allowing for lower operating temperatures, and ideal sonic presentation.
- Pure copper pcb traces, offering the lowest possible impedance.
- Extremely short signal paths and highest quality MWI capacitors and audio grade signal path components for sonic purity.
Dimensions: 17"Wx17"Dx9"H; Weight 84lb packed.
Power: 150W @ 8ohms; 250W @ 4 ohms; 450W @ 8 ohms bridged mono; 650W @ 4 ohms bridged mono. ALL power ratings at .05% THD!
Noise Floor: -100dB (Unweighted)
Bandwidth: 10Hz - 100Khz (+0, -1dB)