Music Hall 9.3 Walnut
Music Hall 9.3 Walnut
"The 9.3 made me sit up in my listening chair and utter some words that aren't acceptable to say in public. It pains me to say this, but the bottom end from the 9.3 is simply more powerful and goes deeper than my current reference rig which consists of the Technics SP-10 MKII table, SME 312S arm, and the Dynavector XV-1S cartridge. Was I expecting that? Hell no." - PFO
Wow! the solid build quality, triple plinth, outboard motor, and carbon fiber tonearm are absolutely gorgeous. The Goldring Eroica LX cartridge offers up excellent tone and frequency response top to bottom. Bass reproduction was outstanding, and images simply hung and floated in the air with this turntable and cartridge combination. One might expect to pay $4000 for this kind of performance, but one would be mistaken because the MMF 9.3 walnut comes as a complete turntable package for only $2800.
About the 9.3 Walnut
The MMF 9.3 turntable from Music Hall plays 33 and 45 rpm record, has a detached motor that is connected to the platter via belt (belt drive) with the platter sitting on a triple plinth for ultimate isolation from vibration. It has a gorgeous real walnut veneer finish that is classic and modern all at the same time.
"If you are looking anywhere near the $2300 price range or even thought about spending more, you really owe it to yourself to hear the 9.3. It's a screaming deal-and not just because of the price, but because of what it delivers to you in terms of musical enjoyment and the amount of information it retrieves from the grooves."
Music Hall's Triple Plinth Design
The MMF 9.3's triple plinth design isolates the platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge to the top platform or plinth. The bottom plinth supports the adjustable feet, and in between the third plinth separates the two vibration damping layers. The motor and speed controller are contained in their own isolated "can" shaped structure that is decoupled from the turntable.
Music Hall mmf-9.3 features
- Triple plinth construction
- Real walnut wood veneer finish
- One-piece full carbon fiber tonearm
- Counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- Completely isolated/decoupled DC motor with 33 1⁄3 and 45 rpm speed controls located in the front left corner of the turntable, thus canceling any potential vibration from the motor/belt to the cartridge
- Motor sits on its own resonance damping puck
- Optional Goldring Eroica LX low-output moving-coil cartridge with Gyger II line contact stylus ($795 value)
- The cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- Inverted ceramic main bearing for super quiet, fluid operation
- Non resonant, 1” thick acrylic platter
- Soft felt platter mat
- High quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- Adjustable tip toe feet with anti scratch cups
- Low noise fully manual belt drive design
- Built-in round spirit level for proper leveling
- Dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
- Excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- Power Supply: 15V / 0-0.8mA DC universal wall wart type power supply
- power connection 100 – 240 Volt
- 50 or 60 Hz
- standby power consumption < 1 W
- speeds 33 1⁄3 & 45 rpm electronic speed change
- wow and flutter ± 0.10 %
- speed deviation ± 0.06%
- rumble max > – 73 db
- effective tonearm length 9 in. (230 mm)
- tonearm weight 250 g (without counterweight)
- effective tonearm mass 8.5 g
- overhang 18 mm
- product specifications w18.25″ x d13.25″ x h7.25″
- weight 40 lbs. pkg.