Stillpoints Aperture II Acoustic Treatment
Stillpoints Aperture II
Acoustic Treatments like no other
Auditioning the Apertures
We have a kit of 8 Apertures and 4 stands available for in-home audition. They are heavy and shipping costs (Roughly $200 each way) are your responsibility. We want to make sure this product is a good fit for you before we send anything out. Our first step in the audition process is to have a look at your room. If you are in Colorado we can do a site visit. If you are located outside of Colorado, we suggest sending us the dimensions of your room (width x length x height of ceiling) along with photographs of the room from several angles. Once we have the necessary information on your room, we can determine how many Apertures and stands to send to you.
Our Take on the Apertures
The Stillpoints Apertures are a unique approach to room acoustics. They combine several an absorber, a diffuser, and a resonator into one, and the look of the Aperture is conservative, classic and furniture grade. If your decor leans more towards the classic as opposed to modern, these may be the most acceptable acoustic treatment for you and anyone you share your space with.
Dynamic Control of Acoustics
The Apertures also continually adapt to the dynamic changes in the amplitude and frequency of the music. While static, conventional acoustic treatments that offer one continuous level of absorption or diffusion would offer too much absorption at low levels and not enough at higher ones, the Stillpoints Apertures utilize a blend of absorption materials, and a unique design of internal chambers to trap the acoustic energy. The diffusion aspect of the Stillpoints Aperture breaks up the wave forms which will ad mid to high frequency absorption and reduction. The resonator aspect offers control of the lower frequencies only when it's needed. Thoughtful placement can achieve wonderfully controlled bass frequencies with dynamic lifelike quality and speed. With bass energy controlled, one can enjoy a light, lively, sparkling room of shimmering cymbals and explosive drum attacks, with wonderfully clear midrange and vocals at all amplitude levels.
The Stillpoints Aperture utilizes a blend of absorption materials, and a unique design of internal chambers to trap acoustic energy. The diffusion aspect of the Stillpoints Aperture breaks up the wave forms which will aid mid to high frequency absorption and reduction. The resonator aspect of the Stillpoints Aperture offers control of the lower frequencies only when it’s needed. Thoughtful placement can achieve wonderfully controlled bass frequencies with dynamic lifelike quality and speed. With bass energy controlled, one can enjoy a light, lively, sparkling room of shimmering cymbals and explosive drum attacks, with wonderfully clear midrange and vocals at all amplitude levels.
The Stillpoints Aperture is the only acoustical product that will give you both absorption and diffusion at the first reflection points of a system. And you want both!
Apertures are available with oak, cherry or walnut frames and with white, black or cream fabric.
- Choose from three natural wood frame species: Light Oak, Cherry, or Black Walnut.
- Match with one of three fabric colors: Cream, Black, or White
Standard Aperture wood/insert combinations are Light Oak/Cream, Cherry/Cream, and Black Walnut/Black. The Standard offerings are stocked by Stillpoints.
- The Stillpoints Aperture have been found effective from 40 HZ to 40K HZ.
- The Stillpoints Aperture’s unique trapping system captures an area of wave form much broader than its small surface area would suggest.
- The Stillpoints Aperture can be used to trap waveforms either facing the wall or, facing away from the wall.
- The Stillpoints Aperture design allows for artwork or photographs of your choice to be inserted in the frame thus raising the aesthetic appeal for everyone in the home.
- The Stillpoints Aperture effectively increases soundstage width and depth. This is especially true for smaller rooms. (See the Michael Fremer review: Stereophile, Feb 2016.)
- The Stillpoints Aperture will increase the dimensional perspective of the image structure.
- The Stillpoints Aperture Stands are lightweight and fully adjustable.
- The Stillpoints Aperture Stand allows for easy Aperture auditioning on location without need for attachment to the wall surface.
- The Stillpoints Aperture Stands allows for close proximity positioning of the Stillpoints Aperture near a loudspeaker to control energy where a wall is not adjacent to the speaker (ie: When speakers are not located symmetrically to the room boundaries.) .
- The Stillpoints Aperture Stands allow for up to three Apertures to be hung on each side of the stand if desired.
- The Stillpoints Aperture Stands are very easy to move within a room for tuning vs conventional treatments that must be permanently fixed to a wall or ceiling surface.
Using the Stillpoints Aperture in your room
In small to medium rooms we recommend starting with 3 panels.
- One placed on the wall behind the loudspeakers centered between them with the bottom edge at midrange tweeter height.
- The other two panels are placed at the first reflection points flanking either loudspeaker at the side walls. Again the bottom edge should be about midrange or tweeter height.
Do not be afraid to experiment with placement, and most of all be patient.
Aperture Frame Finishes
Information on the Stillpoints Aperture acoustic treatments. A unique, patented acoustic treatment that absorbs, diffuses and traps resonances dynamically.
Stillpoints Ap...Information on the Stillpoints Aperture acoustic treatments. A...